FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE YOUR STYLE AND AESTHETIC?
I’m a natural light photographer, and love to embrace deep shadows & bright flares. The only time i’ll break out the flash is when i am desperate and am shooting a wedding reception usually.
I’m a lover of warm light and warm photos, so if you notice that my photos are more sunkissed and have a warmer temp to them? I do that because i love the mood you can set to images, I want to feel happy and sunlight makes me happy. That golden hour of the day is my favorite light in the world & thats why i ALWAYS shoot at sunrise or sunset.
I’m all about making you feel as comfortable as possible, to showcase you, your personality, make you laugh, capture the quiet and meaningful expressions you have. I’m not about forcing things and making things super posed. Capturing moments of peoples lives have become my passion, I want to feel something when i look at my images of you. I want to feel like i captured you and told your story so if i saw these photos and never met you i could have a good idea of who you are.
WHAT DO YOUR PACKAGES INCLUDE?
-All packages include print release
-All images are edited with enhancements, natural touch ups, color variations, and none of the photos will be watermarked.
-Please be advised photos unedited will not be released.
HOW MANY PHOTOS DO WE GET BACK?
PORTRAIT SESSION- roughly 50-120 images
ENGAGEMENT/COUPLES SESSION- 70-150 images
WEDDING: This really depends on the package you book. (Example: Full day 8 hr coverage- 400-600)
HOW DO WE RECEIVE OUR IMAGES?
For sessions: I will create an online private gallery for you to open and view via e-mail & you can download it and save onto your computer. I advise you to back up your photos onto hard drives outside of just your desktop as this gallery will only be saved for 1 year.
For weddings: I gift you a box and in it will be a USB hard-drive with all your images and you can take that to download all your photos. I will save weddings on my personal hard drive for 1 yr.
WHEN WILL WE GET THEM? WE'RE SO EXCITED!
-After our session or your wedding you will receive up to 5 “sneak peak” images the week of our shoot, because i know that giddy feeling and I want you guys to stay excited until I can edit all of the images.
-For sessions I usually ask you to patiently wait 30 days.
-For weddings I ask you to wait 60 days. As your photos will be curated and proccessed with love and I know you’re going to love them.
DO YOU PHOTOSHOP? CAN YOU MAKE ME LOOK SKINNIER & LIKE A MAGAZINE MODEL?
Photoshop is awesome, but it isn’t my style of photography. If thats the look you’re going for we may not be the best fit… BUT I will promise you I WILL get the very best angels of you. I promise you that I'll be aware of certain angels and they way they make your chin & body look. I also will remove if any skin blemishes you are insecure with, but very naturally, Or occasionally removing background distractions but very minimal.
HOW LONG WILL OUR PHOTO SESSION BE?
I honestly hate putting time limits on anything, if we’re having a blast and taking great photos i’m not going to break out my stop watch… but I usually feel very confident in the images I’ve captured after roughly 60-75 mins. But the shoot could run longer if we’re going to multiple locations.
DO YOU CHARGE EXTRA FOR DISTANCE?
Yes, I charge a flat rate of $50 per hr. for time & gas. - Totally worth selling out for those epic locations though!
What is your vision or vibe that screams your relationship? Or screams who you are? Where do you love to be the most?
MOUNTAINS: Do you love the views or maybe you just love to hike and the outdoors?
DESERT: Maybe you really love the warm light that hits the desert and the way you would just pop?
LAKE: The colors, the trees maybe thats where you got engaged? Maybe you want to get into a canoe or go swimming?
WATERFALL: Powerful and peaceful and you just would love something to stand out.
MODERN: Maybe you want to just go on a date, get some ice cream or some cocktails and walk around downtown or through downtown Truckee?
OCEAN: Do you want to road trip? Sell out for an epic location and get some coastal beach photos.
IN HOME: Maybe you want this to be really intimate? Raw and meaningful and capture your everyday life? Cooking in the kitchen, popcorn and a movie, that fun, close love you share between the walls of where you live.
SOMEWHERE ELES: I’m open, and down for anything that screams you and where you want this to be!
TRAVEL: YES, HECK YES ! I’m down!
WHAT DO I WEAR?
I usually have my own style that I like to be photographed in and SO DO YOU!
I don’t want to change you or how you express yourself through clothing. My main thing is I want you to look back on these images in 20+ yrs and remember YOUR style. Your favorite jeans or that dress that you had hanging in your closet only for the perfect event. I want you to remember yourself so most importantly be you!
Recommendations & Advice:
- Coordinating the right colors & Neutrals are always so nice to photograph. Maybe he wears a flannel and you wear a color thats in the flannel so you match, or you where a red dress thats bright and he wheres a grey or tan button up.
- NO LOGOS ;) please. If you are framing these or sending them out for save the dates, in my opinion it doesn’t look the best. I want you to look clean & have no distractions.
- Never clash more than two patterns. (Example: Flannel, floral, stripes or polka-dots)
- Comfort!! I want you to know that you can move in what your wearing, maybe be able to run a little & maybe i’ll have him pick you up. I would hate if something was too tight and uncomfortable or too big and frumpy.
- Wear what flatters your body THE BEST. You don’t want to look a certain way because you wore something that didn’t suit your body type the absolute best.
- I love when my couples wear a more casual outfit (Example: Ripped jeans, barefoot, converse, tee-shirt overalls, flannels, tank, shorts, your fav beanie, or baseball cap, or flat brimmed hat, jean jacket) And I love when you bring and wear a more dressy outfit- This way you have options and it can display different lifestyles & personalities. (Example: Long flowy dress, long sleeve or short sleeve button up, dark jeans, off shoulder shirt, a watch, Engagment ring of course, simple jewelry- less is more.)
- Need your make up done? I do have some referrals so please ask! :)
ALRIGHT!!! WE'RE DOWN, AND WE CHOOSE YOU! WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS?
YAY! For weddings a 30% deposit is required at the time of booking to hold your date. Please shoot me an email and we’re one step closer to making history together.